Employees in this classification will fabricate and weld metal products that are used in the production process and will perform welding on some end products such as outdoor lighting.
- Fabricate, weld and install metal products used in the production process (i.e. metal baskets, hangers for paint department, etc).
- Perform welding on certain end products such as outdoor lighting fixtures.
- Repair metal surfaces throughout the plant that require welding skills.
- Assist other employees as needed on welding projects.
- Other duties as may be assigned by the company.
- Ability to understand directions from supervisor.
- Read and understand blueprints and comply with MSDS requirement.
- Experience in welding processes (mig, tig, stick) – certification required.
- Must be mechanically inclined
- Ability to use hand tools and read measuring instruments.
- Must pass forklift certification.
- Comply with the physical qualifications as outlined in the job analysis.