The purpose of this position is to partner with the Assembly Manager to ensure successful completion of customer orders. The Assembly Supervisor continually works to improve and promote quality processes products and services.
- Responsible for supervising the manufacturing work force in a production facility; producing products at a cost, quality and quantity consistent with plant objectives.
- Will improve the flow of products throughout the assembly area.
- Ensure that adequate personnel at all levels are available to effectively carry out production operations and meet production schedules.
- Provides direction, leadership, development and support to direct reports through teamwork, on the job assignments and continuous improvement activities.
- Supervises the manufacturing assembly work force to make optimum utilization of manpower, time, materials and equipment within plant objectives.
- Works with scheduling, engineering, quality control and other related functions to solve problems relative to production specifications, method and procedure changes to solve production problems, effect improvements and maintain a high-quality level as well as eliminate lagging production and scrap.
- Works with plant team to investigate customer complaints and attempts to solve problems to prevent recurrence.
- Makes recommendations on improved equipment, procedures and processes.
- Effectively communicates to unit personnel all pertinent objectives, policies and procedures.
- Requires a bachelor’s degree plus 3-5 yrs. progressive experience in both operations and supervisory functions or a combination of education and experience demonstrating capability. Experience with manufacturing and lean operations preferred. Needs to have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Leads team members to identify, supervise, and execute the plants process improvement opportunities. Supervises production staff to attain production and quality goals. Identifies problems or bottlenecks in production processes and resolves issues. Ensures production resources including materials, equipment and human resources are available as needed to maintain production schedules. Supports continuous improvement goals in safety, quality, cost and customer service. Responsible for supervising and owning various functions of the business and creating an engaged and team-oriented work force in order to improve business results.
- Assist in root cause problem solving through appropriate data collection, analysis and resolution
- 3-5 yr. experience in manufacturing
- Bachelor’s degree in business or manufacturing
We offer an excellent benefit package including Health, Dental, Life Insurance, 401K and a Team Incentive Plan.Apply Now