Quality Engineer located in Carthage, Missouri. The purpose of this position is to partner with the Quality Assurance Manager and ensure that the quality standards are being met. The Quality Engineer continually works to improve and promote quality processes products and services. The company has a need for someone that has experience developing, implementing, and sustaining processes and who successfully demonstrates appropriate application of Lean Manufacturing and Six Sigma tools.
- Develop and sustain processes.
- Develop and implement technology-based processes for operations.
- Identify and plan for world class manufacturing capabilities.
- Solve complex equipment/process problems.
- Participate in root cause analysis / corrective action implementation process.
- Review customer inquiries and product changes for process impact.
- Develops process documentation and trains personnel on new processes, materials and equipment.
- Solves problems confronting manufacturing performance, directly or indirectly.
- Works to resolve supplier quality issues.
- Perform Measurement Systems Analysis and GR&R.
- Perform warranty and defect analysis from suppliers and customers.
- Bachelor’s Degree, Mechanical, Industrial Engineering preferred. Industrial Technology and Quality degree acceptable or combination of equivalent experience.
- Strong problem-solving skills aptitude.
- Interaction with and support of a manufacturing team.
- Experience developing repeatable and reproducible processes within a team environment.
- Proven ability to facilitate change and knowledge of lean and six sigma tools.
- Excellent communication and computer skills.
- Develop internal quality metrics (DPPM, FPY).
- Must be able to read and interpret wiring diagrams
- Experienced in assembly of electrical products (preferred).
- Ability to develop and prepare process documentation, technical reports and presentations.
- BS/MS in Mechanical or Manufacturing Engineering with 3-5 years’ experience in Quality
- Supplier quality audit and evaluation.
- Experienced in ISO and quality system planning.
- Fluent in problem solving tools.
- Experience in sheet metal fabrication, powder paint and manual assembly a plus but not required.
- Experience in error-proofing.
- Certification in waste and variation analysis (Lean and Six Sigma tool set) preferred.
We offer an excellent benefit package including Health, Dental, Life Insurance, 401K and a Team Incentive Plan.Apply Now