Safety & Environmental Manager
Continually improving, monitoring, and maintaining compliance in all policies, the Safety & Environmental Manager provides overall leadership and direction for Williams. Responsibilities of this role include developing and implementing safety training programs, ensuring regulatory compliance, maintaining permit requirements, identifying workplace trends, and keeping employees informed of emergency situations. A Bachelor’s Degree in Safety or Environmental Engineering and/or Mechanical Engineering is required.
- Develops and implements written safety training programs.
- Reviews current regulatory changes to ensure compliance and modifies programs when necessary.
- Periodically audits facility and programs for regulatory compliance.
- Develops and maintains permit requirements for local, state and federal environmental agencies.
- Serves as a contact and facilitator for local, state and federal agencies.
- Coordinates efforts with production and quality personnel to continuously improve safety and environmental efforts.
- Maintains records and reports on accident statistics to identify trends.
- Prepares staff for emergency situation.
- Detail and outline proposals for machine, equipment and facility safety improvements.
- Handles all phases of Workers Compensation Program
- Communicate in verbal and written English
- Training or experience with local, state and federal safety and environmental regulations
- Practical experience or training in ergonomic methods and engineering controls
- Practical experience or training with machine guarding methods
- Bachelor’s Degree in Safety or Environmental Engineering and/or Mechanical Engineering or related field with two years related experience and 5 years Occupational Health with OSHA or Ergonomic experience.
- Computer literate, word and excel
- Training including CPR, First Aid, OSHA 501, Hazmat or Hazwoper, Mechanical Power Press Safety and Advanced Ergonomics
We offer an excellent benefit package including Health, Dental, Life Insurance, 401K and a Team Incentive Plan.Apply Now