Software Engineer II
The principle duties for this position consist of participating in a growing team of full time and part-time software development engineers in the process of analyzing, designing, coding, debugging, documenting, and supporting customer-facing applications for H.E. Williams Controls Solutions group. The successful candidate will be an accountable, resourceful problem solver that is able to work around technical obstacles, self-motivated with the ability to lead design decisions while implementing practical solutions within multi-discipline groups.
- Participates in a team of software engineers in completing tasks within time and budget including translating project requirements into a project plan and individual tasks.
- Confirms project requirements by reviewing program objective, input data, and output requirements with analyst, supervisor, and client.
- Arranges project requirements in programming sequence by analyzing requirements; preparing a work flow chart and diagram using knowledge of computer capabilities, subject matter, programming language, and logic.
- Encodes project requirements by converting workflow information into computer language.
- Confirms program operation by conducting tests; modifying program sequence and/or codes.
- Prepares reference for users by writing operating instructions.
- Maintains historical records by documenting program development and revisions.
- Maintains client confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential.
- Ensures operation of equipment by following manufacturer's instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs; evaluating new equipment and techniques.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Creates and modifies computer programs by converting project requirements into code.
- Handles technical support calls from customers and vendors; supports questions on technical functions, system integration, and system requirements.
- Remote support of installations in the field by diagnosing technical errors, working with contractors to ensure full functionality of the system to complete start-up, and configuring network, server, and hardware.
- Mentors other software engineering resources.
- BS in computer science, technology, programming, or similar degree required
- Customer Service
- Software Design
- Testing & Attention to Detail
- Located in Grandview, Missouri (Kansas City metro area)
- Experience delivering and embedded programming in C
- Critical Thinking and Problem Solving
- Analyzing Information
- Software Algorithm Design
- Software Performance Tuning
- Software Debugging, Development Fundamentals, Documentation and Testing
- General Programming Skills
- Ability to work independently after direction is given
- Demonstrated experience working across a cross-functional team
- Self-starter, capable of keeping up in a fast-paced development atmosphere
- Programming in C# / .Net, Java Script, Angular JS, SQL
- Cloud Structures
We offer an excellent benefit package including Health, Dental, Life Insurance, 401K and a Team Incentive Plan.Apply Now