Harold E. Williams was an engineer and entrepreneur who, in 1921, founded the H. E. Williams Company in Carthage, Missouri. In the beginning, the company manufactured various products from kitchen utensils to storage lockers and static display signs. A few years later, the focus was solely on the development and manufacture of automobile accessories. This lasted until 1939, when H. E. attended the World's Fair and saw the introduction of fluorescent lighting as a viable source of illumination. From there he and his engineers started developing fixtures to house the new source. For over 75 years, commercial lighting has been the main focus of H.E. Williams, Inc.
Today, Williams remains headquartered in Carthage – still a family owned company now in its 3rd generation. Williams is known in the commercial lighting industry for designing and manufacturing superior commercial lighting products. Just as in 1921, H. E.'s principles of quality products and superior service remain the priorities of H.E. Williams, Inc.
View The History of H.E. Williams, Inc. Brochure